Thoughts and Ponderings

10/07/2011

As many of you know, The Great Steve Jobs of Apple passed away earlier this week. There was an incredible amount of posts on Facebook about the sadness of his death, what an inspiration he was, and all that he brought to the world of technology thru his innovative thinking. Among those posts, I noticed several posts that also mentioned his salvation or the lack there of. And it got me thinking about all the people I have come across in my nearly 30 years here on earth. The neighbors, the co-workers, the loved ones, the friends and even the people I've shared pews with at church. Were they saved? Did they really know Jesus or were they just going thru the motions.

Do you know that church attendance has nothing to do with your ticket to heaven? That God wants a relationship with you, not just your leftovers? Do you know this?

I read this book called The Listener. A good friend of mine loaned it to me and I devoured it in a few days time. There is nothing like a good book, right? And this one really touched my heart, just like my friend said it would. Keep in mind it's a fiction read, but it's about you and me. A regular guy has a dream, after an emotional sermon from his preacher one Sunday. Long story short, God gifts him the gift of being able to hear people's heart. Mostly he is able to hear their heartaches, pains, struggles and frustrations. Of course at first he freaks out, but when he gets a grip, he begins to talk to these people. Reaches out to them in public places. He tells them that their pain is not how it has to be, that God loves them more than they can ever imagine. Whatever it is, God can handle it.

It really made me think about all the people I haven't told about God. Why didn't I say something? Afraid? Embarassed? Not sure what to say? Yes, to all of the above. I don't want to miss out on those opportunities anymore. I want to reach out to the people who need to hear it. I used to think that I could lead by example and that people would see God's love thru me. And that is true to an extent, but I feel God calling me to do more.
To the people who think they need to have their lives in order BEFORE they come to church, it isn't the case. God wants your messy life. He can make it new. You don't have look a certain way or act a certain way, God will make it right. And when you come to God, giving him your life, you will have a sense of renewal and a desire to want to drop those bad habits, addictions and old lifestyles.

Do you have quesitons? Don't be afraid to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs