Would you still be my friend if I didn't wash my hair????

1/15/2015



Lately I've been fed up with my shampoo. The expensive stuff, the cheap stuff. All of it. 
It leaves my hair feeling weird or my scale is itchy or broken out.
The end result is dull, lifeless hair.

I used to do my hair on a regular basis.
Up until 5 years ago, I had colored my hair since junior high.
That's 18 years of hair abuse.
And if you would have seen some of my dye jobs, oh girl.
The things I have put my hair thru should be illegal.
Bad perms, several colors of the rainbow, covered up by other colors of the rainbow.
I'm relieved this all happened before instagram and Facebook.
I had countless bad haircuts, including once incident, late one night in college after watching a movie with Gwyneth Paltrow where I thought my roommate was somehow equipped to cut my hair with a cheap razor and dull scissors. How hard could it be? I had to wear turtle necks or a scarf for a very long time after that. ( Thank God it wasn't summer.) My roommates thought it was hilarious.

So almost 5 years of not abusing my hair. 
And the grays are showing.
Yes.
Most days I let my hair air dry and just hope for the best.
But I feel the weight of the shampoo/conditioners.
Leaving it looking blah.
I have come across several articles about kicking shampoo to the curb and then finally I read this one.



  • Baking Soda WashAdd one tablespoon of baking soda to one cup of water inside the squeeze bottle. Shake well. Use enough in the shower to fully saturate only the roots of your hair. A pre-made bottle of this solution will last me 4 washings (but it’s going to be different for every person.) I also have to use 2 tablespoons of bs in my solution instead of just one. Keep in your hair until it starts feeling ‘slippery.’ I’ve noticed this change after about 2 minutes. THOROUGHLY rinse out.
  •  
  • Vinegar Rinse: Add two tablespoons of vinegar to one cup of water inside a spray bottle. Shake well. Apply to length of hair (roots are not needed) paying special attention to your ends. Keep in for the remainder of your shower and rinse right before you get out. Some women keep it in as a leave-in conditioner (personally, I’m not sure about this one).

I worry about the chemicals in shampoo. And all the ingredients I can't pronounce.
And I can't even bare to think about those ingredients being tested on animals.
But I also like having nice hair.
So surely there is a happy medium somewhere?
And I'm tired of washing it every.single.day.

So do a little reading. See how you feel?
What does your daily hair regimen look like?

I'm going to try this out and keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs