Enter Clever Title- HERE

7/26/2012

Hello There!
Are you out there?
You are?
Ok, just making sure:)

So yesterday I did something in the kitchen that involved peaches and tomatoes and herbs and ........ants.
Well actually, the exterminator took care of the ants.
They were about to carry me out of the kitchen.
The nice/shy/glasses wearing man said it's so hot and dry that they are looking for any water or food wherever they can find it.
I nodded and looked interested {the hubby had already told me this}.
Ask me if this made me feel better about them invading my sink and dancing around the countertops?
Ask me if I felt any remorse when I sprayed them with my apple scented dish soap/water mixture?
The answer, I did not.
They didn't bother to ask me if it was cool to come in, so I didn't hesistate to kick, ok kill, them out.

Hopefully this doesn't make you think less of me.

So once the massacre was over, I preceded to make salsa and put up peach jam.

And here are some pics for you.....just so you know.

{ The lighting situation in the kitchen is less than fabulous. Sorry about that.}






I put the prepared salsa into the jars and then the peaches which I removed the skins from, coarsely chopped, also into jars, put lids on them and set them in the freezer.
Now when I want some fresh summer salsa to dip my chip in, I just remove from freezer and let it thaw.
Or when it's the dead cold of winter and I'm craving a fresh peachy pie, same thing. Remove and thaw.

I saw this somewhere on the Internet and fell in love.
Some may call it easy peasy, others lazy. Whatever.


Well I need to brag on her a little. Hopefully she doesn't mind :)
She blogged for me once and shared the most delicious looking recipe. I still think about it.
You can go back and read it here.

Yesterday she wrote a post about her Family Tree. 
Go ahead and read it, I'll wait...........



It was AWESOME wasn't it?
It brought me to tears. Literally.
I've been so happy to get to know her thru a few emails and on Instagram. (what did we do before instagram?) 
I've even asked to be adopted.
And she said yes! :) Stephanie- I'm going to hold you to that girl! :)

I was so moved by her story and how God WORKED His way to everyone in that family.
They were one big happy cussin', drinkin' bunch- and he turned their lives around and they have never looked back.
Is that not amazing?!

Do you watch Biggest Loser? Or any of those transformation shows?
We are hooked on the Before and After are we not? I sure am!
Reading her story was like that for me. You see I grew up in a Christian home, not perfect of course.
But I didn't know what it was like to come from a family that wasn't christian. And here her whole family got saved from sin as adults! Adults!

Do you know what that tells me and hopefully you to?
That it is never too late. Never.
God isn't waiting for you to get your act together or to make your life perfect.
Only He can help you do that.
Him alone.
If you have any questions about any of that, please email me. Or Stephanie, I am volunteering her services because I just know she would love to chat with you about that.


And on another note.....
I went to the thrift store recently. You see I signed up for this thrift exchange a few weeks back.
I was paired with a lovely gal and the challenge was to find your partner a gift that was $10. Thrifted.
Well I went out of town, and got sidetracked, and almost forgot and then BAM. The deadline to ship it out was today! Agh!
I made it, almost. It will go out tomorrow, I promise! :)

Here are a few things I saw along the way.


{ Those plastic bags to the left are produce that someone brings in from their garden!}


* Truly Digestible? Scientifically processed potato chips? 
Well that explains a LOT. 
Woof!



I kind of liked this one, being that we live in the Ozarks and all, but for $20, I passed it up. Maybe next time.


And then the mother of all finds for the day.
The Owl lamp. 
Have you seen this floating around Instagram?
A few other gals have spotted this on their thrifting adventures. 
I audibly gasped when I saw it.
I immediately thought what a can of yellow spray paint and a turquoise shade could do for this lamp?
But girls, can you imagine what my husband would say if he came home to this?!
Ha!
He'd think his sweet wife has lost her mind ok?



Well that's about all I have for you today.
If you are still reading, yay! Kind of a lengthy post today.

Still on my agenda this week is to make some banana bread, a pie of some sort (hello peaches!) and make a gallon of Mrs. Meyers hand soap for the a fraction of the cost.

What do you have going on?



2 comments:

  1. yay! I can't wait to get my package. I hope you enjoy yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, you are too sweet. You will have to come hang out with us Holdens soon!.... Esp since you're adopted and all ;) xxoo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs