She Reads Truth

11/05/2012

Today  starts a new devotional , following along with the blog She Reads Truth .


 
I struggle everyday to spend time in the word, reading and listening to what God wants me to hear.
The gals over at She Reads Truth have somewhat simplified this for other glas wanting to have a daily reading plan, but not quite sure where to start.
You can read about how this movement started here.
Oh, and you need to get familiar with You Version.
It contains the whole BIBLE and LOTS of reading plans.
 This is where the reading plans are done.
You can follow online or download their mobile app Here.
Did you know that You Version is the second most popular app for iPhone?
# 1 is Angry Birds. I know you were wondering.

Today, the She Reads Truth girls are starting Colossians .

Here is part of the devotion that you can read on the website as well.

Verse 1 of Colossians in The ESV reads, “Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God”.
The Message reads, “I, Paul, have been sent on special assignment by Christ as part of God’s master plan.”
Yes, there is a whole lot more of Paul’s letter ahead of us. Yes, this seems like such a inconsequential afterthought of a verse, and to stop just one verse in seems silly.
But it’s not. I want you to write it down – I want you to say it out loud:
“I, ______, have been send on a special assignment by Christ as part of God’s master plan.”
Do you believe it, sister?
I mean truly… do you?
Because it’s true. Your special assignment is different than mine. It’s different from your sister’s calling, it’s different from your mentor’s, and your neighbor’s and the girl who sat in front of you in church last week. It is as unique as you are, this calling to point the world to Christ.
And no matter how old you are, and how many days God has written for you on this earth, sister, YOU are a part of the MASTER PLAN. He has willed it. It is written. (Psalm 139:16 says, “in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were not of them.”)
Can I share something personal with you? Really personal? The Lord has graciously given my husband and me seven precious babies. I have delivered and held and kissed three of them, and only two of them have toothbrushes in the upstairs bathroom, shoes in the hall closet, and dirty clothes in our laundry room.
And do you know, that even those fleeting little lives – those longed-for souls whose hearts beat for 212 days or less – they were on special assignment by Christ? That at the end of their lives, God said “Well Done. Mission Complete.” (and “PS, I’m still working on your Mama…”)
So what about us? What does this mean for us? Paul lived his calling with conviction and submission. He knew it in his head, and he knew it in his heart. He acted his calling and lived it with zeal!
Do you sometimes forget your high calling in His Kingdom? Do you ever wonder how your obedience could possibly be critical to the master plan? Do you ever question how God could use you, yes even you, as a vital cog in His plan and in the furtherance of His kingdom?
Turn off your screen and sit quietly with the Lord this morning. Submit yourself to Him. Report for duty. And trust Him to stir within you a confidence and surety that He will use you.
Because every day that your heart is beating is a day to live your calling as a daughter of the King! And we are so grateful that he chose you to serve along with us!

Will you join me?
 
1 Peter 5:6
So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.
 

 Continuing the Thankful Series.....
November 4-
I am Thankful for deer meat and the hands that cooked it last night with biscuits, gravy, green beans and some sweet tea. This city girl never thought she would like fried deer meat as much as I do:)
 
November 5-
I am thankful for the little beagle we adopted a year ago. I had no idea that when we walked down the hall of the humane society that we would be so blessed everyday. I truly believe our little Charlie is a God given gift. That being said, I also believe that All Dogs DO Go To Heaven :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs