Oh How I LOVE Fall!

9/15/2011

I know it isn't officially fall yet, but I am so ready. I love the cooler weather, the pumpkins, the colors of the leaves, the smells, the apple cider- really I could go on and on.

Yesterday was a chilly, rainy day and I loved feeling the need to snuggle up with a blanket, light some candles and enjoy. What is about the changes in seasons that make us feel nostalgic? Refreshed? A new beginning? Not sure what it is, but I love it.

It is all the season of pumpkin pies at our house. My sweet husband could eat a pumpkin pie everyday if I let him. So a couple of days ago I made him the first one. A surprise. And if you were to look in our kitchen right now (besides the dirty dishes) you wouldn't find that pumpkin pie. Because it's been eaten. By the pumpkin pie thief, no doubt. Guess I will have to make another one. :)

I had it set it in my head that I was going to decorate my house and surroundings with fall decor this year. And boy have I.

Here are a few pics to enjoy.
This was something I have wanted to do for a long time. Using a vase or really any clear container would work. Fill it up with coffee beans, nestle a candle in the middle, and voila! When the candle heats up, it also heats up the beans and makes the room smell oh so nice!
Have a great day!
Love,
The Faithful City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs