Quiet Time

9/17/2011

This morning the cool, crisp air was gently stirring thru the windows and the rain could be heard dripping on the leaves and it truly feels like a Fall morning. I am so grateful for this.

The hubby is off at a bible study, where he and another gentleman get together on Saturday mornings and have fellowship, follwed by a little bow practice and only the Lord know what else. I actually am a little jealous at this opportunity he has and find myself at home alone. This morning though, I just dove into my own quiet time with God. Opened my bible, poored another mug of coffee (cream AND sugar please!), curled up with a blanket on the couch and enjoyed this time alone.

I've never been really good at silence and not even that great at listening. You see from a young age I was diagnosed as a " talker ". I talked during Sunday School, I talked at reading time at the library, I talked during class when the teacher was also talking. All the while I should have been absorbing and listening.

My relationship with God has been very much like that too. Always ME doing the talking. Me praying for this or that to change. Me pleading to get me out of this mess or Lord I've done it again, help me fix it. But recently I have had a change of heart. I so long to do what God wants for me. Not what I think He wants for me. The truth is I really don't know what God wants for me. But I'm learning to listen in those moments of silence, that those repeated thoughts in my head are sometimes God nudging me or gently pushing me along in the right direction.

Something I read out of a daily devotional from Journey is this- "If you focus on your problems, they consume you. If you focus on God, He makes you stronger."

Those two sentences are so comforting to me.

I'm so glad that my husband has a good Christian friend he can relate to. I think that is so important for everyone. There is definitely power in having an accountability friend.

We have a great weekend ahead of us. A birthday party for my darling niece Chesny, church and a bonfire with friends (yes there will be s'mores!).

Have a great weekend!

Love,
The Faithful City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs