Lose To Win: Healthy For The Holidays

9/30/2011

So here it is. Friday September 30, 2011. This is the day that things are going to change. Finally, once and for all. Please don't be fooled ( actually, I'm sure you aren't!) I have said that many, many times before. So much so that I barely believed myself while typing that. Sad, but true.

As you know if you've been reading my posts this week that I'm joining a friendly contest with 3 other ladies. A contest againsts our own selves to win at losing weight. It's already been a great experience sharing stories and fears with these girls. We talk about struggles and triumphs, eating habits and excercise foes. I'm so glad to be doing this with them.

Right now the other girls are probably fretfully jumping on the scale seeing a number we hope to conquer. We are starting this life style change right at the beginning of the most tasty season. All of the fall treats, thanksgiving munchies and christmas delights are going to come and go and we will be a size or two slimmer, more radiant and healthy, happy, energetic and ready for more.

I once saw a quote on bendoeslife.tumblr.com that says "..... imagine the last 4 months of your life and how fast they went by........now imagine that you had started your weight loss journey four months ago.....where would you be today....?" I think about that pretty often. It helps me realize mostly how overdue this change is. My body needs it badly. I wouldn't treat a relationship this poorly and so now I'm going to start being kinder to my body. It doesn't need the starches, sugar, fats and processed junk. It needs real, whole foods. And lots of excercise. I'm even contemplating getting a shirt or item of clothing in a smaller size, hanging it where I see it everyday and being so thrilled at the day when I can put that on.

I would like to say that in the next 12 weeks I'm going to lose 100 pounds. But this isn't the Biggest Loser, and I don't want to limit myself by saying a number. But I do want to not fit in my clothes anymore, I want to be able to run around the block without passing out (not that this has happened, but I imagine it will!), I would like to sleep better, eat better and have more energry.

Stay tuned. Send me and the other girls your support. We need it.
And if you have any tips or suggestions, pile it on!

Thanks for reading!

Love,
The-soon-to-be-thinner Faithful City Mouse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs