Random Nothingness

8/23/2011

Do you have children back in school? Or maybe you're back in the saddle taking classes yourself? Or maybe you've just started something NEW period? Like a bible study or a new gym membership?

Even though I do not have school aged kids, when the season of "back to school" approaches, I feel like there is the opportunity for something fresh to happen. And of course a new outfit is warranted (along with a new pair of shoes right?!) Fall is by far my favorite season. And here in Arkansas it can practically last until Christmas, weather wise that is. Although right now it's 90 something out. Not my idea of lovely. But alas, I can't control the weather so I'm trying to control my mood.

Here's a pic to get you in the mood for Fall.....


In the evenings I spend my time doing the mundane, like dishes, laundry, cleaning up and sometimes sewing (This is not mundane, I just usually end up flopping on the couch before the sewing happens! ). Speaking of cleaning up- how is that 2 people and one small, adorable beagle dog make such a mess? Sheesh!

So back to controlling my mood. I'm starting up a Bible Study with some beautiful women from my church. I am really excited about this and there will be plenty of posts to come on this topic.

I ordered some new Sunday School material for the kiddies in my class and I'm really looking forward to that too. I was kind of going thru a slump in my spiritual life. Just stuff you know? Does this happen to you?
Sometimes you forget to pray, days or maybe weeks go by and you haven't dusted off your Bible let alone opened it? I hate admitting this, it makes me a so-so Christian instead of on fire. But how do you stoke a wet burned out pile of yuck?

I don't really have the answer, but I do know that it will come back to you. Sometimes Christmas music helps me or drowning my sorrows with a brownie (I don't really reccomend this method). Just saying.
The day to day will always be there, sometimes easier to manage than others.You see I strive to be that "on fire for the Lord" bible girl, I just don't always make it. And Lord have mercy, the devil is always around the corner, usually in the disguise of a bad mood or a negative though or worse!
 But you just keep on, keeping on. One day at a time. The slump will shrug away and the Bible will still be there and God will be so overjoyed to have you back. Like a long lost family member, back home.

I just absolutely LOVE this saying.....

Pic via
" The longer we walk with Jesus, and the more we seek His truth, the more we'll recognize His voice and enjoy the freedom found in Him. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." Galations 5:1

Remember HE cares for you. He will bring you thru whatever is ailing you.

And one more pre-ode to fall........

All pics via Pinterest. Of course.


Have a great day!
PS. If you live near a Sonics and have any affection for pumpkin pie- you MUST go and try their pumpkin pie shake. Be still my salivating taste buds!

Love,
The Faithful City Mouse

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post today, as always! It is so wonderful when I recognize that the good Lord has sent someone in my path to encourage me, even before I took the time to ask Him. Thank you for being that someone today, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs