Wednesday Bounty

8/04/2011

Happy Wednesday! We've made it thru half the week. Whew!
As some of you know, we have a garden. 5 raised beds to be exact. Here is a picture in the beginning stages.

At this point we only had lettuce, squash, potatoes and onions. And it looks like 2 mature tomato plants from the Amish family we love. (Seriously, Teddy wants to move in with them.)

We have really enjoyed the veggies we have gotten out of this garden and all that we have been able to share with people from church, family and friends.
And in case you forgot how much I lalalalalalove tomato sammy's, read about it here.

Today after work I came home and flopped on the couch. It is SERIOUSLY hot here folks. Like if I had left a crock pot with a roast in it on the hood of my car today, I think I could have had a really delicious supper. Right now my thermometer says 107. This is Arkansas people, not the Sahara. And this girl is NOT made for the heat. Just saying.

I eventually made my way outside, let Charlie romp around a bit and started checking out the garden. Earlier in the week we had a lot of green tomatoes, and today, well this is what I brought in.


Aren't the colors great?
The yellows are some of my favorite. The reds are Arkansas Travelers. And the cukes, well they're just cucumbers. :) All were started by heirloom seeds.

Even Charlie wanted to check it out. Can you see him stretching to see over the table? I heart my little beagle boy.

For all of you battling the hot weather, I'm sorry. Hang in there. Fall has to be coming soon right? RIGHT?!
And for all of you reading that are not in this horrible heat, don't talk to me about. At least not right now. :)

Have a great day!

Love,
The Faithful City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs