Seasons

2/16/2012

I've been thinking a lot lately about things. A time for this and a time for that. How different seasons whether it be the transition from winter to spring or a season in our life of hardship or happiness.
It's so interesting to me how easily the outside factors of our lives can so greatly affect our moods. Things we cannot control have power over our emotions. Everyday.
Sometimes the mornings start out great, other times an alarm clock that doesn't go off, or an overflowing coffee pot, dripping all over the floor can really sour the rest of the day.
I've been trying to keep up with my morning devotions. That quiet time with God is so important and refreshing. Like a work out for the body and soul. (Speaking of which, I seriously need to get myself back to the gym!)

via  mango-watermelon-love.tumblr.com

There really is a reason and season for everything.
All the ups and downs, crazy days, hectic times, running around like chicken's with our head's cut off.

I don't know about you, but I need motivation on a pretty regular basis. And since I don't have my own personal cheer leader, I rely on God's word.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
                                                                   Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Just know that you are so special to God. And He is using your circumstances right now to prepare you for the next. He doesn't throw anything your way that you can't handle. Even if your personal forecast is more rain than sun, it's coming. The good stuff is just around the corner. Keep your bible near, pray as if your life depended on it. He won't dissapoint you.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs