Attitude of Gratitude

9/05/2012

Hello Wednesday!
 
I want to start out by saying Happy Birthday to my grandpa!
He is 84 today!
This picture is about 2 years old, from a wedding reception given to us by my lovely Aunt Robin and Uncle Jon.
 
That's my mom in the middle and my grandma to the left, with her eyes closed. :)
 
And here's one from a looooong time ago, just me and Papa.
 
 
I was reading thru my daily devotional with Joel Osteen for today's message and he talks about an "Attitude of Gratitude."
 
It really hit home and I thought I would share with you too:
 
Have you ever considered that perhaps you are not getting your prayers answered because you are not grateful for what God has already done for you? The Scriptures teach us that we should continually give God thanks; we should live with an attitude of gratitude.
You may say "Ive been through so many disappointments. I lost my business last year. My marriage didn't work out. I've lost so much. How do you expect me to be grateful?" But if it has not been for the goodness of God, you could have lost it all. If not for God's mercy, you might not even be here today.
Quit looking at what you have lost and start thanking God for what you have left.
 
It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning and your faithfulness by night.
Psalm 92:1-2
 
Even if you haven't lost anything, but continue to search for Bigger and Better, God wants you to step back and be thankful for the right now.
I often get so caught up in the "What's Next?", that I truly don't appreciate what He's provided for us in the moment.
When answers don't come or situations don't seem clear, try to separate the good that IS going on.
 
I pray that you are all having a blessed day!

 

1 comment:

  1. oh my.
    i am SO guilty of looking toward the next big thing, rather than relishing in the goodness that is today.
    thank for the reminder girlfriend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs