Do You Worry Too?

7/14/2011

I worry sometimes. I used to worry a LOT. But then it became ridiculous. I would worry about worrying and then some. It got to the point where I didn't feel right if I wasn't worrying, how crazy is that?
Do you think about how you're going to make it thru all the tasks of the day? How the dishes are going to get done, or how to get rid of the mouse under the sink (did I just say that?)? And how are you going to move on to new things when you feel like old stuff is holding you back?
Then I started doing something easier said than done- giving it ALL to God.

1st Peter 5:7: “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” (NLT)

He is like the ultimate Father in every sense of the word. Even if you have never had a father or a good relationship with your father, you can still feel God's fatherly presence in your life. Right now.
He is BIG enough to give you the courage to get up and go. He can make you feel rested after a night of bad sleep. He can show you the way when your GPS is on the fritz. He can give you the words to say to that co-worker you don't quite get a long with. HE can do it ALL!
I recently started getting daily devotionals emailed to me from Proverbs 31 ministries. Do you know about this? It's awesome! It's a quick reminder of how we're all in this life together.

I also want to encourage you to pray at least daily. Start in the morning as a wake up conversation with God, talk to Him all thru the day. Give Him your concerns and thank Him for the blessings, even if they are small. Then at the end of the night close your prayer. It's like a daily conversation/email/text with a best friend. A best friend that has your best interest in mind 24/7. Sounding good?

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7, NLT)

I was inspired to share this message from yesterdays devotion at Proverbs 31 ministries. If you want to sign up you can do so here http://www.proverbs31.org/ .
 You won't be dissapointed. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs