A Is For Apron

7/04/2011

That is the name of one of the sewing books I recently got. You see, I acquired a FREE used sewing machine. The kind that pops out of a desk.
In the desk that came with it were several patterns that will be great practice.
I don't know if I can sew, I have never done it before, but I'm hoping that this sewing machine will be a good outlet for me. A hobby to do during the week and maybe even make some extra income for my family.

If you are looking for inspiration about sewing or maybe want to buffer your skills, I reccomend youtube for how to videos and also a blog called http://www.gussysews.com/ . You will LOVE IT! Gussy's real name is Maggie and she has such a passion for sewing and creating. Her style is fresh and lovely. I'm hooked. The best part about Gussy though, is that she loves Jesus. She incorporates that in her everday life and especially her work. She isn't afraid to share inspiration and how she got to where she's going. She wants everyone to be successful at something the love. And that is awesome!
I don't know Gussy personally, but I sure hope to someday. The beautiful thing about the blog world is that people can connect. And on a deep level too because hearts and thoughts can be shared over emails or pictures.
My husband encouraged me to start a blog, and while it's just in the starter phase, I can't wait to see what's to come. Love you hunny bunny!

1 comment:

  1. hi rachel :)

    my husband encouraged me to start a blog, too! that's how i got started (3 years ago). i wish you much success with your sewing machine. that is AWESOME! "inspiration is all around you."

    xoxo, gussy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs