Found on Wednesday

4/04/2012



Earlier this week I was putting the dishes away.
I opened up the mug cabinet and the first thing I noticed was these two, extremely large"His and Hers" mugs neslted together. They were wedding gifts.
I always keep them together like this in the mug cabinet. They keep each other company amongst all the other mugs.
I have to be honest, it melted my heart a little.

I try to serve our coffee in these mugs at least once over the weekend. The weekends are all we have together you know, his job keeps him away during the week. He has great benefits, and vacation time and a nice dental plan and good pay. He is definitely the bread winner in our family. But it keeps him away from me 4 nights a week.
It's hard. Really hard.

But God is good. And HE has provided me with this hard working man that I sometimes take for granted. This man that I had prayed for before I even knew him, or wha a real marriage looks like and feels like. Before I knew what kind of wife I would be (still figuring that out FYI).

Proverbs 18:22         
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.


God had all that under control.

And it constantly reminds me of HIS awesomeness.
That he put our two lives together from far distances, different backgrounds, crazy families and made it whole.

HE brought us together.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7     
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Linking up with Beautifully Rooted today.

Where have you Found Him lately?


6 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I have a great deal of respect for your attitude. I have a hard time when Sean is gone one night a week.

    I admire you!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! It is important to remember all the wonderful things about our spouse even though they sometimes can go unnoticed. They ARE a gift for sure!!!!!

    Love the cups! We don't drink coffee....but we could eat ice cream in them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from Found @ Beautifully Rooted.
    Choosing to see God's blessings in the midst of trying circumstances is a gift. It's wonderful to find that gift right here! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry Tree Lane, Annie Loo, Amy- thank you for reading girls. It's hard to put all that into words, and glad that you can all relate to the struggles of marriages and the beauty that God can help us see to the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your gratitude in the midst of a hard thing. How precious marriage is, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful blessing to have a hard working husband. It's refreshing to see a wife who appreciates that :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs