Hello Tuesday and Virtual Coffee

4/24/2012

Yesterday I said hello to Monday and look at this, it's Tuesday already?
Wow. :)

Hey there coffee gals! How are you doing today?

I've got lots to share, so grab a drink and let's get to it.

As I mentioned yesterday, we got a WHOLE LOTTA strawberries over the weekend.
I ate a LOT. We froze a LOT. And then we made a LOT of jam.



The smell in our kitchen was intoxicatingly sweet.
It was like heaven.


I won't say that it is hard to make jam. But I did have a partner. I highly reccomend it with a partner.
This city mouse is a little intimated by the canning/jamming process.
But with the hubberooni, we made 7 batches of jam. And it produced over 30 pints!
Not the little jam jars, but the next size up.
It looks like liquid rubies.

 I'm mesmermized by the jam making experience.
Some sugar, pectin, lemon juice, a little butter a lot of elbow grease and VOILA! You've got jam!

We calculated that we could have a jar every other week for a year.
That is if we don't give some away.
Which I'm sure we will. We always do.
We see someone and say "Here, have some jam".
A few years ago when we first made jam together as a newly wed couple, we named it Jeter's Jams.
Original I know.
I've already got big hopes of selling our jars of jam at the Farmer's Market on a table with a polka dotted or gingham table cloth. And a mason jar filled with flowers.
Can you picture the loveliness?



These little hens and chicks are still sitting on my table in the same state.
Except now they are surrounded by jars of strawberry jam.
Can you see the purple edges?
I really need to get them planted.

Have I shown you this picture yet?

Or how about this one?

I love the bright, vibrant colors.
And I can hardly believe that these are growing in our garden.


These marigolds are still making me smile. I have 4 or 5 pots lined up down the deck stairs. I even love the smell.
And supposedly, bugs don't like the smell of marigolds.
Lucky us! Bad for them!

I am still slowly making my way thru this book.
It's rocking my world. For real.
I think God is making me take my time with it, to soak it in.
If you haven't heard of this book or read it- get going!

I hope you are having a great day!

Don't forget to go check out Amy's Blog. Go say hi to her. She likes that :)

<Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs