Barnheart- Found Link Up

4/25/2012

I've got a serious case of it.
Barnheart that is.
Remember this post about Farm Living?

Do you know what that means? It can best be described Jenna Woginrich, here.
She wrote a book about it.
And now she's living out her dream.
Here is a little excerpt from her book that she shared with Mother Earth News :

The symptoms are mild at first. You start glancing around the internet at homesteading forums and cheese making supply shops on your lunch break. You go home after work and instead of turning on the television — you bake a pie and read about chicken coop plans. Then some how, somewhere, along the way — you realize you are happiest when in your garden or collecting eggs. When this happens, man oh man, it’s all down hill from there. When you accept the only way to a fulfilling life requires tractor attachments and a septic system, it’s too late. You’ve already been infected. If you even suspect this, you may have early-onset Barnheart.

Read more:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/The-Happy-Homesteader/Yearning-To-Farm.aspx#ixzz1syOuDlT1


It started by watching some of the recent foodie documentaries. You know, like this one, 

I could get on my soap box right now and tell you more. In fact I pasted the links to some other videos, but for fear of scaring you off, I'm going to help you get your feet wet before we dive right in ok? OK.

The bottom line is that my husband and I want to go back to a simpler life. He was raised that way. I was not.
Remember?
City mouse meets Country mouse?

We own some acreage near our home in town.
About 10 miles out in the country, down a dirt road.
We started building on it when we first got married.
And there was a series of different events that caused us to stop building and buy a house in town instead.
I know now that it was God's way of saying " Not yet".

And so now, we revisit the options at hand and see that our heart's desires may indeed be leading us to those 17 acres once again. To raise a few cows/pigs/goats, have a big garden, chickens pecking around the yard, evening walks down the dirt road to visit neighbors who are like family, bonfires on the "back 40".
I worry though if it's the right choice or not, it seems so obvious..... and yet, unsure.
In times like this, I know who I need to turn to.
He knows.
He always does.
He will lead us.



1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Psalm 23

I'm linking up with Beautifully Rooted today.
I'm looking towards The Savior, finding out His plan for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs