The Adventure Project- Bringing Clean Water to People Who Need It

3/16/2012

If you're like me, you take clean water for granted. I leave it on a little too long whenI brush my teeth, take sort of long showers, water my flowers and garden, let the faucet run when I do dishes.
It's so wasteful. Even when I'm trying to be careful, it's not enough.

I also don't spend a lot of time thinking about people who don't have access to clean drinking water. Or clean water for bathing. Or clean water to wash their clothes.

It's really a problem. Much larger than most of us realize.





On March 22nd, which is World Water Day, I'm lending my voice to The Adventure Project, to help raise funds for clean water in India. The Adventure Project is doing something extraordinary that I'm thrilled to be a part of. They are providing tools and training for people to start well mechanics businesses, so they can fix and maintain broken wells, ensuring sustainable access to clean water for 5,000 people in surrounding communities. Sadly, 1/3 of all wells are currently broken, and local communities do not have the resources to fix them. This is an empowering solution and I love that they are creating jobs that serve the communities to clean water, and I am determined to help.


The goal is to help The Adventure Project hire 186 mechanics in poor, rural regions of India. Once hired, the mechanics will help 930,000 people to clean water! That's almost a million people!


Please help me raise $550 to hire one mechanic by donating here: http://tapwater.causevox.com/RachelJeter





Please don't take this opportunity for granted. It's such a worthy cause.
Visit my web page above and learn how you can help.
Even if you can't donate a lot.
Every dollar counts!
When a group of people come together, watch what happens.
Tell your friends. Share this page. Facebook it.
We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs