Today Is THE DAY! WORLD WATER DAY

3/22/2012

Tragically, 1/3 of all wells drilled in the last 20 years are now broken. Often there’s no tools, spare parts, or trained mechanics to fix them.
OUR HUGE GOAL: empower 186 people to become well mechanics in India. Every$550 we raise helps one mechanic receive:
*Training classes
*Tools and spare parts
*A one-year stipend to help an entrepreneur launch their business.
And here’s a really cool part: One well mechanic will care for 50 wells which will ensure clean water for 5,000 people!


This is a cause that I'm happy to be sharing with you guys. I'm happy because it has brought a sense of awareness to me that I probably wouldn't have found on my own.

The Adventure Project is on. They are making things happen and WE. Yes WE, you and me and all your friends, can make a difference.


If you were in need and just a few dollars could help you, wouldn't you want someone to give that to you? If you knew that YOU could help someone else in true need for just a few dollars, wouldn't you help THEM?
WE can make that happen for them. WE can help the people of India restore their wells and get clean water.



This morning I filled up my water bottle with my Brita Filter, because I don't like the way our tap water tastes. And as I write that I feel completely humbled that I even have that choice at all. I should be thankful for clean water. Period.



Please consider donating a few dollars. Every little bit helps.


Happy Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)

 
site design by designer blogs